Cucumbers in Sour Cream
This simple classic summertime favorite is an old recipe passed on through the family that we have tweaked with our Sharon Springs Farm Girl Vinegars made at Sunnycrest Orchards
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 Tbs Chive Sharon Springs Farm Girl Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Chives (fresh or dehydrated)
- Peel cucumbers or leave peel on and score with a fork lengthwise of the cucumber.
- Slice cucumber thinly and place slices in the bowl with slices of onion.
- Combine Apple cider vinegar and salt and let marinate 30 minutes (can also be prepared ahead and left in the refrigerator overnight for the next day).
- Add sour cream and chives before serving
Laurie Schilde Schmitt - Owner | Sunnycrest Orchards