Salad | Copper Pennies
This recipe was given to me by my sister Penny. It is easy to make and children really love it. Who doesn’t love carrots and tomato soup. Great for barbecues and a great salad to serve at Easter.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 qts sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cook carrots until firm but tender.
- Cool carrots and cut up onion and pepper, put in bowl with carrots.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Pour into pan and bring to a boil. Then pour over the cool carrots.
- Refrigerate 1 hour and then enjoy! A great summer salad.
Pam Bowerman | Sunnycrest Orchards