Grilled Garlic Brined Pork LoinThursday, June 16, 2016
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4-6 Pork Loin Chops
- 4oz Farm Girl Garlic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8oz Water
- 1½tsp Kosher Salt
- ½tsp Pepper
- 1 12oz bottle Farm Girl Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1oz Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium bowl mix together Farm Girl Garlic Apple Cider Vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Place the pork chops in the brine. Make sure the chops are submerged. You may need to add some more water (I like to used a pan for even coating). Set in the fridge for 2-8 hours. The longer the chops sit, the more garlic flavor will infuse.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add the Farm Girl Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar and honey. Cook on high heat until the mixture comes to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook until the mixture reduces by 2/3rds and becomes rich in color. This can take about 10 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it as glazes do over cook quickly.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan. While waiting for the grill to heat up take the pork chops out of the brine.
- Grill pork chops over high heat for some nice grill marks and cook through until the center reads 145 degrees.
- When serving, top with your glaze.
*Variation- Before grilling your pork chops, season lightly with a sprinkle of mesquite seasoning, garlic powder, and dried rubbed sage.
Laurie Schilde Schmitt - Owner | Sunnycrest Orchards